Mount Ijen Crater is one of the tourist destinations which has recently been visited by many local and foreign tourists. Located in two cities of Bondowoso and Banyuwangi, East Java, Indonesia this relatively active mountain or crater is easy to visit. Ijen Crater or Mount Ijen is located at an altitude of 2,368 meters above sea level. One interesting thing is that the crater is located in the middle of the widest caldera on Java Island, the crater itself has acidic properties and also has a lot of sulfur. So don’t try to swim here if you don’t want your body to melt.
Mount Ijen or Kawah Ijen East Java, Indonesia
Climbing a mountain does not only have to be done early in the morning, but in the Ijen crater is a little different, if you want to see a rare phenomenon like blue fire you have to climb at night because Ijen crater has the beauty of blue fire that has worldwide, according to the news that the crater has a blue fire only Iceland and Indonesia (Ijen crater, (read summit attack). To climb Ijen and reach its crater, you can do it whenever you want. Bisadini day, morning, afternoon or evening. But along with the increasing intensity of sulfur smoke, climbers are forbidden to down the crater at around 2:00 p.m.
Most climbers do it in the middle of the night before dawn. One of the goals is not to be too exposed to the sun. Besides that, like Yant, we mentioned above that in the Ijen crater there is also a Blue Fire phenomenon which according to Wikipedia is only found in two places, namely the Icelandic mountains and the Ijen crater.
To go to Ijen’s own crater you have to rely on a private or rented vehicle. There are no public vehicles that can deliver directly there. All vehicles that drove both from Bondowoso and Banyuwangi stopped at the Paltuding post. From here, by first paying for the ticket, climbers will walk on the road to the crater, which is about 3 km away.
At the Paltidung post there is also a camping area where you can open a tent, or, if you have more money, can rent a lodging room. Back on the hiking trail, the name of the mountain, of course, the track climbs with a slope of about 12-35 degrees. But take it easy, the path to Ijen is fairly neat and not a path.
The view on the path to the Ijen crater will be treated to a very beautiful mountain range. From a distance, there is Mount Raung located in the city of Banyuwangi and is still relatively active. Once you are also going to meet traditional sulfur miners. Until now many miners have made it a livelihood. You will definitely be amazed when you meet those who carry 70-80 kg of sulfur.
After traveling about 3 hours from Paltuding, finally climbing up on the slopes of Mount Ijen. Don’t be happy first, to go to the Ijen crater, you have to go downstairs which is quite steep so you can get close to the crater and see the blue fire.
From here, the fatigue of the climb will pay off with a view of the Ijen crater visible from the top of the slope. Don’t forget to wear a jacket and a mask. Occasionally the smoke coming out of the crater will block the view of Ijen Lake. But don’t worry because it only lasts a few minutes. On top of the Ijen crater, you will also be offered by traditional sulfur miners in the form of ornaments and statues made of sulfur. With a price of around Rp. 10-15 thousand, of course, this is a cheap price.
Ijen Crater is a favorite tourist attraction in East Java.
Besides being a favorite tourist attraction for tourists, many climbers also climb Ijen Crater. Before visiting Ijen Crater and seeing blue fire, a traveler must know the best time to visit Ijen Crater. According to the Skyscanner website, the best time to visit Ijen Crater is December to January.
At the end of December, the fog in Ijen Crater tended to be thin and very suitable for viewing the blue fire panorama. In addition to December to January, the dry season is the best time to hunt blue fire in Ijen Crater. Besides, the blue flame will look bigger, the possibility of rain, it will certainly be smaller than it has entered the rainy season. The other best time to climb Ijen Crater is at night.
Most climbers start the journey starting at 22.00 WIB. Foreign tourists at Mount g Ijen, Banyuwangi (TribunTravel.com/Arif Setyabudi) If you walk casually and spend the night there you can see the sunrise there. To see the beauty of the blue fire in Ijen Crater is at 02.00 WIB. According to our experience, the blue fire is best seen from midnight. When going back from Ijen Crater, a traveler can meet with sulfur miners there.
Day 1. Pick Up – Hotel in Kawah Ijen, Bondowoso or Banyuwangi
- 08.00-09.00 Participants are picked up from Hotel / Station / Terminal / meeting point in Malang City or Surabaya which determined by the participants
- 09.00-13.00 Travel to Bondowoso, & Rest & Sholat (For the Running)
- 13.00-15.00 Continue the journey to Ijen Crater (Check-In Lodge)
- 15.00-20.00 Free Program (You can Explore Ijen Crater Farm & Blawan Waterfall)
- 20.00-00.00 Rest & Free Program
Day 2. Kawah Ijen Blue Fire – Transfer Out
- 00.00-00.30 Morning Call For Getting Started Ascent
- 00.30-01.30 Journey Going Paltuding Ascent
- 01.30-02.30 Ascent to Ijen Crater with Tracking Track ± 3 KM
- 02.30-07.00 Ijen Crater Tour Exploration (Blue Fire, Sunrise & Photos)
- 07.00-08.00 Breakfast Box & Back To Hotel Break
- 10.00-11.00 Check Out Hotel
- 11.00-17.00 Travel Back To Malang, Surabaya or Banyuwangi
- 5 pm – The Kawah Ijen BLue Fire Tour Ends
|2 Persons||Rp 1.575.000/PAX|
|3 Persons||Rp 1.200.000/PAX|
|4 Persons||Rp 1.000.000/PAX|
|5 Persons||Rp 890.000/PAX|
|6 Persons||Rp 795.000/PAX|
Supplies To Carry Participants:
- Thick Jackets, Gloves, Headgear, Masks & Sports Shoes
Notes: No Travel Bag / Suitcase – Backpacks Only 1 Bag / person
Package Ijen Blue Fire Included
- Transport Ac (Avanza, Xenia All-New, Luxio, Elf Pariwista, Hiace)
- Entrance & Retribution of Ijen Crater
- Accommodation Catimor / Arabica / Palm (Triple, Twin Share) 1 Night
- Mineral Water 500ml
- Breakfast Box 1x
- Local Guide Ijen
Package Not Included:
- Transportation costs to and from the place of origin of the participant
- Airport Tax
- Personal expenses during the tour
- Tipping Driver (Voluntary)
- The cost of horse riding / other activities outside the package
Other interesting articles :
- The package of a private trip to Mount Bromo
- Surabaya Mount Bromo Tour Package 2 Days 1 Night
- Best Travel Guide To Mount Bromo East Java
- Ijen Crater Blue Fire Banyuwangi East Java
- Mount Bromo Tour Package From Airport in Surabaya
- Cheap Car Rental In Surabaya, Bromo, Kawah Ijen
- Climbing Tour Package oF Mount Semeru East Java
- Package To Mount Bromo Ijen Crater Sukamade 4 Days 3 Nights
- Tumpak Sewu Waterfall East java
- Kawah Ijen Tour Package Blue Fire 2 Days 1 Night
- Package Tour Surabaya Ijen Crater Mount Bromo 3 Days 2 Nights
- Private Trip Yogyakarta Mount Bromo Ijen Crater Bali Overland 6 Days 5 Nights
- Mount Bromo One Day Tour Package
- Camping at Ranu Kumbolo Lake With Cheap Package
- Milky Way in Mount Bromo East Java
For complete information about the fees, rates, and pricelist, please contact Adi, considering the price of the Ijen Bluefire crater tour depends on the meeting point you want, the type of accommodation you want to use, the type of vehicle and its transportation and other additional facilities. Do not hesitate to discuss with us, we will provide the best information and facilities for you related to the Cheap Blue Fire Ijen Crater Tour Package